Apps that have access to your camera and microphone can be running in the background. If so, this can prevent the audio and video from connecting during your virtual care session. Closing these apps will help ensure proper connectivity.
Icons of common apps that may interfere with your virtual care session:
- Check the dock--the line of app icons at the bottom of the screen. If you do not see any icons, you will have to move your mouse over to the bottom to make them appear
- Apps that are running will have a small dot below their icon
3. To shut down an app, right click the icon and select "Quit"
You may also view and quit apps running in the background using the "Status Menu Bar" in the top right corner of your screen
- Right click the icon of the program you want to quit and select "Quit..."
Alternatively, you may quit apps using the "Force Quit Applications" menu
- Click the Apple icon at the top left corner of your screen
2. Select "Force Quit..."
3. Select the application you want to quit and click "Force Quit" button