When creating or editing email notification templates, you can choose one or more locations where the template will apply. This will allow you to have more than 1 kind of email copy (i.e. one for virtual and the other for physical locations).
Note: All default email notification copy are sent to "All" locations of an organization / division.
This article will step through how separate templates by location, so that you can instruct users depending on the location where the appointment will take place.
Before editing existing and creating new email notification templates
- Create all the relevant locations (physical and / or virtual) within your organization / division.
- Assign Providers to the new Location (see the Add Providers to the Created Location section of this page)
Separate Templates by Location
Default email notifications are sent to all locations with online appointment information (containing an access link and code). If you do not want to send this kind of information for in-person appointments, you will need to decouple the physical location(s) from the default templates and create a new text.
- Navigate to My Organization > Email Notification Templates
- Click the name of an existing template (Provider or Patient) and it will pop-up the Email Notification Template Details window
- Rename the selected notification and append them with "- Virtual", so you can tell the difference between the templates for the Virtual and the Physical location
- Edit the Locations dropdown of the virtual email notifications and make sure "Virtual" location is the only one selected
- Save your changes
Create New Templates by Location
Once you have decoupled the templates, create and activate new notification templates for all of notification types that you want different from the virtual copy (confirmation, reminder, reschedule, confirmation) - you can append the names of the physical locations to your liking. Make sure to select the appropriate locations (not including the Virtual location) from the Locations dropdown.
For tips on how to create notifications: click here