Table of Contents
- How to Create a Receipt
- What Appears on an Receipt?
How to Create a Receipt
There are two ways to create a receipt, you can either mark an invoice as paid upon creation or mark a created invoice as 'Paid'.
Creating a Receipt from the Create Invoice Window
Please refer here for more information on creating an invoice and navigate to the Create Invoice screen.
To generate a receipt instead of an invoice from the above screen you must do the following:
- Select Payment processed externally via debit, credit, transfer, cash from the Payment Method dropdown
- A new Mark as Paid checkbox will appear, clicking it will mark the invoice as paid and result in a receipt being created.
Creating a Receipt from Invoices
- Navigate to Invoices found under Billing in the left navigation window
- From the list of invoices locate the one with status Sent
- Click on the Sent status and select Paid from the dropdown that appears
- The invoice will now be updated to Paid status and when viewed (by clicking the eye icon) it will be listed as a Receipt, have full amount paid and an outstanding balance of $0.
What appears on a Receipt?
The receipt generated by the system will use the organization colours and logos that configured in your organizational settings.
- Organization logo and name will appear in this section and can be configured under My Organization -> Organization Settings
- An address will also appear in this section, what address appears depends on the following
- If you are using Stripe for payments, it will show your business address configured within your Stripe account
- Otherwise it will show the address set for the Location where the appointment occurred.
- Here the status will be marked as Paid and the title will say Reciept
- The Clients name will be listed in this section
- This section will list the name of the provider on the appointment, as well as any professional designations or supervisor information that is required. This information can be configured within Billing -> Billing Setup, for more information please refer here.
- This section will have information about the receipt such as invoice creation date and receipt creation date.
- Service details such as the date/time and healthcare service name will appear here
- This is where any service codes will appear as line items on the invoice with the service label being displayed.
- Here you will see the message entered under Enter a message to appear on the invoice for the recipient in the Create Invoice screen
- Here you will see the subtotal, any applicable taxes, the amount paid and the current outstanding balance will be $0.