Device and Browser
In order to see and hear your provider or patient during your appointment the camera and microphone must be enabled for the website. The procedure in enabling these settings is different for each device but will prevent errors from occuring.
The sections below are described in this article to insure proper communication:
- Allow Access to Microphone/Camera on Google Chrome
- Allow Access to Microphone/Camera on Firefox
- Allow Access to Microphone/Camera on iPhone
- Allow Access to Microphone/Camera on Android Device
Allow Access to Microphone/Camera on Google Chrome
The settings below need to be enabled for the video session to work properly on the Google Chrome browser.
Ensure that Chrome is updated to its latest version
1. On the top-right part of the window, you should see 3 dots vertically. Click there and then the Help option and then About Google Chrome:
2. Chrome will tell you that you are up to date:
Microphone, Camera, and Sound are Enabled
1. On the top-right part of the window, you should see 3 dots vertically. Click there and then the Settings option.
2. In Settings look for Privacy and Security
3. In the Privacy and Security area, click the Site Settings option
4.There are 3 settings that need to be enabled for remote sessions – Camera, Microphone, and Sound
5.Make sure that all three areas are allowed and not blocked.
Allow Access to Microphone/Camera on Firefox
The settings below enable the camera and microphone for the video session to work properly on the Firefox browser.
- Once you have joined the session, click Camera Preview button or Click to Start Call button
2. A confirmation pop-up displays asking if you want to share your device's camera and microphone with the website
3. Select a different camera and/or microphone if necessary
4. Select Remember this decision check box if you want Firefox to remember your selections as a default for this site in the future
5. Click Allow
Using Firefox Preferences menu to change camera and microphone permissions
- Click the menu button and select "Preferences..."
2. Click Privacy & Security from the left menu
3. Scroll down to the Permissions section
4. Settings must be adjusted for Camera and Microphone. Click "Settings..."
5. Copy and paste the website URL from your browser window in the search field
6. Make sure the website status is "Allow" (not "Blocked")
7. Save Changes
Allow Access to Microphone/Camera on iPhone
These steps are meant for the latest iPhone update but can be followed for other versions.
- Click on the settings app
2. Scroll down and click on the safari app once found
3. Scroll down and click on camera once found
4. Click on "Allow" then click on safari at the top left corner of the screen
5. Click on Microphone and then click "Allow"
6. Double click the home button and quickly swipe all the way up to close all the opened apps (including safari)
7. Re-open the appointment link in safari
8. Click on the icon on the left side of the website URL then click on "Website Settings"
9. Ensure the “Camera” and “Microphone” options are “Allow”
10. If camera and microphone are not set to "Allow", click on camera and select "Allow", Then Click on microphone and select "Allow"
You’re all set! Go back to the appointment screen and click "Join Session" then click “Click to Start Call” to begin your appointment
Allow Access to Microphone/Camera on Android Device
Every Android phone is different but to access these settings please try and follow these steps:
1.Click on the “Settings” app
2.Search for an option called Apps/Applications
3.Look for Chrome and then select it within the list of applications
5.Ensure that Camera and Microphone are both under the “Allowed” section. If not, select Camera and or Microphone from the “Denied” section
6.Click on the “Allow” option and click the back icon on the top left of the screen
7.Go back to the main page of the “Settings” app and search for an option called “Default Apps”
8.Click on the Browser App option and select Google Chrome. Then click on the back icon on the top left of the screen
9.Close all applications on the phone (including Chrome)
10.Re-enter the appointment page
11.Click on the lock icon on the left side of the website URL
12.Ensure that the “Camera” and “Microphone” options are “Allowed”, if not, click “Site Settings”
13.Scroll to the “Permissions” area, and click on “Camera” and/or “Microphone to change permission to “Allow”
You’re all set! Go back to the appointment screen and click “Click to Start Call” to begin your appointment